They looked to Him and were radiant ,and their faces will never be ashamed (Psalm 34:5).
You see, singlehood is a beautiful thing. It is the time to discover your beauty and your God given gifting and abilities. It can be very exciting particularly for the young adolescent woman who is beginning to discover her inner self and her physical appearances. A beauty to behold, her curves and contours are coming out and all eyes are on her.
She is so self conscious now, always watching her steps and every one of her actions because somebody might just be looking at her.
Then comes the time when that flower ages and glory is almost gone and Mr. Husband has not showed up; the tension, the pressure, the concern on her face that reflects her inner struggle. What should I do? Time is going; “Lord I am not getting any younger, help me.” She quibbles. The prayer houses in town and all relationship seminars become her second home, in search of Mr. Husband. Everybody thinks that something is wrong with her.
Hear me: no dear, nothing is wrong with you. Hold! They look to Him and were radiant and their faces will never be ashamed. If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will l wait, till my change come (Psalm 34:5 and Job 14:14).
God is a God of time and season. Your times are in God’s hand. (Psalm 31:15) He knows about you, He knows you have need of a husband; “For we have not a high priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities…” “He who made them at the beginning made them male and female.” (Heb. 4: 15 and Matthew 19:4). You came to the world single, but you were not made and created single. He who made them at the beginning, made them male and female. That includes you and that includes me. All you need to do is WAIT; that’s the missing ingredient. “Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!” (Psalm 27:14, NKJ). Hang on! For as surely as the day follows the night without a second delay so also will your miracle come; the male-husband God created you to be with will surely come without a second delay.
“What am I supposed to be doing while waiting,” you may ask:
- Develop yourself. Acquire knowledge; invest in your mind as much as you can.
- Take care of your body. Take the time to look good, dress good, and eat well. Don’t get flabby and shabby. Prepare your body for your male-Husband, He is on the way.
- Pursue a career. Learn a trade or vocation. Your Adam wants to meet you on the go, responsible and responsive. Adams’ do not always like Eves’ that are a 100% liability.
- Pursue God some more. He is the only one that truly satisfies even in marriage.
- And of above all “Wait on The Lord” He will come through.